Located in the Elsa Valley, San Gimignano is a splendid treasure hidden in the heart of the famous Tuscan countryside. The first buildings that will catch your eyes are the majestic medieval watchtowers where wealthy families lived and were well protected from enemy attacks. As you turn left and right, admire every building of this charming village where locals still live peacefully. It is a quiet village that has descended through time from the Etruscan period to the Romans, from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance and from the Medici and the Lorena nobility. San Gimignano has always been extremely important for an economy based on agriculture. Fifteen watchtowers are visible today (seventy-two existed in the Middle Ages) and tourists have heard it referred to as the "Medieval Manhattan".
Volterra is one of the twelve main cities of the Etruscan confederation and can be reached within a thirty-minute drive westward from San Gimignano. Priori Square and Priori Palace, The Medicean Fortress and Tower, the Cathedral, the Baptistry, The Museum Of Sacred Art, The Art Gallery, The Roman Theater and Thermae and The Guarnacci Etruscan Museum are some of the highlights in this town.
Once your group is together you will then proceed to San Gimignano and Volterra. You will spend your morning in San Gimignano and lunch here before heading to Volterra.
Volterra (Velathri) can be reached within a thirty minute drive westward from San Gimignano. Priori Square and Priori Palace, The Medicean Fortress and Tower, the Cathedral, the Baptistry, The Museum Of Sacred Art, The Art Gallery, The Roman Theater and Thermae and The Guarnacci Etruscan Museum are some of the highlights of this town. Once done, we will drive back to the port. The drive will take approximately a 45minutes.
- Pick up time: 8 am or as for your confirmation.
- Return time: 4-5pm or as for your confirmation.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE RESERVE ALL RIGHTS TO CHANGE THE ORDER OF ITINERARY. IF NECESSARY AT OUR DISCRETION DUE TO NATURAL CAUSES (ENVIRONMENTAL) OR POLITICAL REASONS (STRIKE / PROTEST)
Each additional hour is at the cost of E50.
One of our professional, knowledgeable English speaking driver guides will be waiting at pick up location (where you will be tendered) or agreed location at 8 am, or according to the agreed time. Your driver will be holding a sign with your or your party's name on it.
Please note you will need to take a complimentary shuttle bus (do not take the shuttle bus going to the city. You want the one to La Spezia) less then 5 minutes where the passenger pick up is. Please note that the shuttle bus will take you to the exit of the cruise terminal.
- San Gimignano
San GimignanoSan Gimignano, SI, Italia
VolterraVolterra, PI, Italia
- Luxury, private air-conditioned vehicle.
- English-speaking driver or escort guide.
- Parking, highway tolls, fuel, all taxes and driver maintenance included.
- Lunch and wine tasting E30-E35 per person to be paid directly on spot(optional)ask your driver to reserve a table if interested
- Gratuities ranging between 10-20 percent(optional but appreciated)
- No admission to any sites
- For groups of more than 8 people from Livorno port and La Spezia Port we only provide multiple minivans with the maximum number of 8 people in each minivan. This is because minibuses are prohibited from entering the town center. Therefore, a waste of time will incur walking to the destinations, by minivans you will get to your destination directly without wasting time.