We will then proceed to the stunning Spanish steps, climbing a steep slope between the Piazza di Spagna at the base and Piazza Trinita dei Monti. The steps were built to link the Trinita dei Monti church that was under the patronage of the king of France, with the Spanish square down below. The long triangular Spanish square is named after the Spanish Ambassador to the Holy Sea.
No trip to Rome is complete without visiting the famous Trevi Fountain. Located in the Roman Quuirinale district, it is one of the most stunning water features in the world. The Trevi Fountain is one of the oldest water sources in Rome. Roughly 3000 euros is thrown into it every day, as people follow the tradition of throwing a coin over their shoulders. The money is collected for charity and it is a crime to steal the coins from the fountain.
Climb to the top of the famous Capitolin Hill. These steps were designed by Michelangelo to observe the superb panorama of the Roman Forum and the Rostrum that stands upon it. It is a platform from where Roman leader Julius Caesar addressed the city's people.
Take a stride through Piazza Navona, a marvel spread over three Baroque fountains by Berninin. From there, it's a short walk to the Pantheon, a classic Roman temple built by Agrippa in 27BC. Tour the cast Coliseum and imagine its prime day 2,000 years ago when there were approximately 50,000 spectators, gladiators and animals packed into caged below the arena fighting to the death. Explore this well-renowned structure, today standing with original wall sections at their full height and exposed brick-faced concrete - the largest amphitheater ever built. It concludes with one of the most important commemorative monuments, the highest and best-preserved arch of triumph in Rome, the Arch of Constantine, located in the valley of the Coliseum.It represents Maxentius' victory in the battle at the Milvian Bridge in 312 CE.
SUGGESTED ITINERARY-Rome Post-Cruise
Your itinerary is totally flexible and customizable. You can shop at designers stores, eat lunch at a sidewalk café and explore the streets of Rome at you leisure remembering that most shops are closed on Sunday and Monday's morning and are closed daily from 1:00 pm- to 4:00 pm for our siesta. Not only this you can of course go for the most important sites of the city, including the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps. You can even decide to tour the Vatican! E-mail us with your priorities AND WE WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN! You can have a list of sites to see and give to your driver or you can leave it to his discretion knowing that he will maximize your visiting time.
End of the tour
Hotel, FCO, Train station, Private resident
- Pick up time: Suggested 8:00 am FROM THE PORT OF CIVITAVECCHIA (it is flexible then you decide whenever during the day)
- Return time: From your hotel in town, airport on arrival, or anywhere you want.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE RESERVE ALL RIGHTS TO CHANGE THE ORDER OF ITINERARY. IF NECESSARY AT OUR DISCRETION DUE TO NATURAL CAUSES (ENVIRONMENTAL) OR POLITICAL REASONS (STRIKE / PROTEST)
Each additional hour is at the cost of E50.
You end your cruise at the port of Civitavecchia Port and you want to spend some time in Rome before heading back to your homeland. People decide to overnight in Rome and some decide to fly back the same day. Maybe the route of your cruise ship had Rome just as last stop and you want to see Rome so bad. Well this is the perfect tour for you then.
One of our professional, knowledgeable English speaking driver guides will be waiting at pick up at 8 am FROM THE PORT OF CIVITAVECCHIA. Your driver will be holding a sign with your or your party's name on it.
- Ports (Pick up is normally 8am or otherwise agreed upon)
Our escort driver will be waiting at the gangway of your cruise ship or outside the cruise ship terminal. The escort driver will be holding up a sign with the group's name on it. The email that accompanies the voucher you receive at the time of booking will indicate the meeting point for each specific port. We recommend that you meet onboard before exiting the ship. This way you are all together when meeting your escort driver and the tour can commence much more efficiently. Otherwise, the wait time for others will be 20minutes, after which time the tour will proceed.
RomaRome, RM, Italia
- Luxury, private air-conditioned vehicle.
- English-speaking driver or escort guide.
- Parking, highway tolls, fuel, all taxes and driver maintenance included.
- Gratuities ranging between 10-20 percent(optional but appreciated)
- No admission to any sites
- PRICES ARE IN EURO
- EVERY EXTRA HOUR IS 60 EURO
- Please note: In regards to the Coliseum, they have changed their security policy and have implemented a metal detector which all guests must go through. This may delay entry time, even though you may have purchased “the skip the line tickets” The wait time will depend upon the tourists Even in low season, the wait time to enter can be take a while and will affect the timing available to see other sites in Rome. We want to be transparent so there is no misunderstanding or disappointment
- Please note that there is NO TOUR AT THE COLOSSEUM, but only A VISIT ON Your OWN AFTER THE EXPLANATION is provided by the escort driver. As well when visiting the Forum, need over 1.5 hour on foot under the sun. Please be where if visiting during the month of June /summer it could be over 90 degrees. Time slot for tickets should be around 10:00am-10:15am
- For groups of more than 8 people from Civitavecchia Port we only provide multiple minivans with the maximum number of 8 people in each minivan. This is because minibuses are prohibited from entering the town center. Therefore, a waste of time will incur walking to the destinations, by minivans you will get to your destination directly without wasting time.