Rome Highlights Tour
We will begin the tour by visiting >>Saint Peter's Basilica, located in the Vatican. This is Italy's largest and most spectacular church. Built in Renaissance times, it contains many lavish, spectacular interior works of art. Including three of Italy's most celebrated masterpieces: Michelangelo's Pietà and Bernini's 29m high baldachin over the papal alter, and the Sistine Chapel.
We will then proceed to the stunning Spanish steps, climbing a steep slope between the Piazza di Spagna at the base and Piazza Trinita dei Monti. The steps were built to link the Trinita dei Monti church that was under the patronage of the king of France, with the Spanish square down below. The long triangular Spanish square is named after the Spanish Ambassador to the Holy Sea.
No trip to Rome is complete without visiting the famous Trevi Fountain. Located in the Roman Quuirinale district, it is one of the most stunning water features in the world. The Trevi Fountain is one of the oldest water sources in Rome. Roughly 3000 euros is thrown into it every day, as people follow the tradition of throwing a coin over their shoulders. The money is collected for charity, and it is a crime to steal the coins from the fountain.
Climb to the top of the famous Capitolin Hill. These steps were designed by Michelangelo to observe the superb panorama of the Roman Forum and the Rostrum that stands upon it. It is a platform from where Roman leader Julius Caesar addressed the city's people.
Take a stride through Piazza Navona, a marvel spread over three Baroque fountains by Berninin. From there, it's a short walk to the Pantheon, a classic Roman temple built by Agrippa in 27BC. Tour the cast Colloseum and imagine its prime day 2,000 years ago when there were approximately 50,000 spectators, gladiators and animals packed into caged below the arena fighting to the death. Explore this well-renowned structure, today standing with original wall sections at their full height and exposed brick-faced concrete - the largest amphitheater ever built. Concludes with one of the most important commemorative monuments, the highest and best-preserved arch of triumph in Rome, the Arch of Constantine, located in the valley of the Coliseum. It represents Maxentius' victory in the battle at the Milvian Bridge in 312 CE.
This tour can be done by guests arriving in Rome by train or plane or directly from your accomodations. Your itinerary is totally flexible and customizable. You can shop at designers’ stores, eat lunch at a sidewalk café and explore the streets of Rome at your leisure remembering that most shops are closed on Sunday and Monday's morning and are closed daily from 1:00 pm- to 4:00 pm for our siesta. Not only this you can of course go for the most important sites of the city, including the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps. You can even decide to tour the Vatican! E-mail us with your priorities AND WE WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Pick up time: Suggested 8:00 am FROM HOTEL IN ROME (it is flexible then you decide whenever during the day), OR WHATEVER TIME YOUR FLIGHT GETS IN.
Return time: To your hotel in town, airport on arrival, or anywhere you want!
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE RESERVE ALL RIGHTS TO CHANGE THE ORDER OF ITINERARY. IF NECESSARY, AT OUR DISCRETION DUE TO NATURAL CAUSES (ENVIRONMENTAL) OR POLITICAL REASONS (STRIKE / PROTEST)
One of our professional, knowledgeable English speaking driver guides will be waiting at pick up location or agreed location at 8 am or according to the agreed time. Your driver will be holding a sign with your or your party's name on it or they will meet you in the lobby of your hotel.
The escort driver will be waiting at the arrival lobby holding a sign with the name in which the reservation was made under or otherwise stated.
Escort driver will be waiting at the lobby of the hotel. Normally pick up is 8:30 am or otherwise stated.
Resident / B & B
The escort driver will be waiting outside the main doors of the building.
Book This local Experience!
COME US A GUEST, TOUR LIKE FRIEND, LEAVE AS FAMILY!
- Luxury, private air-conditioned vehicle.
- English-speaking driver or escort guide.
- Parking, highway tolls, fuel, all taxes and driver maintenance included.
- Gratuities ranging between 10-20 percent(optional but appreciated)
- No admission to any sites
- PRICES ARE IN EURO
- EVERY EXTRA HOUR IS 60 EURO
- Please note: In regards to the Coliseum, they have changed their security policy and have implemented a metal detector which all guests must go through. This may delay entry time, even though you may have purchased “the skip the line tickets” The wait time will depend upon the tourists Even in low season, the wait time to enter can be take a while and will affect the timing available to see other sites in Rome. We want to be transparent so there is no misunderstanding or disappointment
- Please note that there is NO TOUR AT THE COLOSSEUM, but only A VISIT ON Your OWN AFTER THE EXPLANATION is provided by the escort driver. As well when visiting the Forum, need over 1.5 hour on foot under the sun. Please be where if visiting during the month of June /summer it could be over 90 degrees. Time slot for tickets should be around 10:00am-10:15am