Orvieto and Civita Di Bagnoregio
Orvieto is one of the principal sights of the region of Umbria, Italy. Its situation is marvelous - perched high above tufa cliffs - showing traces of every phase of history for the past three thousand years, culminating in its magnificent cathedral.
Civita di Bagnoregio. Resting atop a lovely volcanic tower, the small town of Civita di Bagnoregio has survived for centuries clinging to its high perch, but as the soft clay ground on its sides erodes, both ground footage and architecture are being lost.
Once your group is together you will then proceed to the city of Rome. This will take approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes to reach the Orvieto. After around 1 hour and 30 minute drive you will reach this enchanting town located on a volcanic hill in the Umbria Region. Orvieto has the most amazing Domes of Italy (Frescoes inside, mainly Signorelli's, are just as amazing as those in the Vatican ones), several Etruscan Museums, given its ancient origin, and spectacular views! You will be able to spend in Orvieto around 1.5 hrs.
CIVITA DI BAGNOREGIO
You will reach Civita after 30 minute drive from Orvieto. The town is noted for its striking position atop a plateau of friable volcanic. Tuff overlooking the Tiber river valley, in constant danger of destruction as its edges fall off. Leaving the buildings built on the plate to crumble. It is a must see place, as words do not give it justice of how marvelous a view it is.
Recommendations will be made in where to have lunch. It will be based on logistic location, timing, and personal experience.
- Pick up time: 8 am or as for your confirmation.
- Return time: 4-5pm or as for your confirmation.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE RESERVE ALL RIGHTS TO CHANGE THE ORDER OF ITINERARY. IF NECESSARY AT OUR DISCRETION DUE TO NATURAL CAUSES (ENVIRONMENTAL) OR POLITICAL REASONS (STRIKE / PROTEST)
Each additional hour is at the cost of E50.
One of our professional, knowledgeable English speaking driver guides will be waiting at pick up location (where you will be tendered) or agreed location at 8 am, or according to the agreed time. Your driver will be holding a sign with your or your party's name on it.
Suggested 8 am to avoid big crowds at least in the first part of the morning (it is flexible then you decide when). Back to the port at 4:30 pm (with plenty of time not to miss the ship)
PICK UP PLACE: Right from dock site. As soon as you disembark your ship you will see your private driver holding a sign with your name on it.
- Ports (Pick up is normally 8am or otherwise agreed upon)
Our escort driver will be waiting at the gangway of your cruise ship or outside the cruise ship terminal. The escort driver will be holding up a sign with the group's name on it. The email that accompanies the voucher you receive at the time of booking will indicate the meeting point for each specific port. We recommend that you meet onboard before exiting the ship. This way you are all together when meeting your escort driver and the tour can commence much more efficiently. Otherwise, the wait time for others will be 20minutes, after which time the tour will proceed.
The escort driver will be waiting at the arrival lobby holding a sign with the name in which the reservation was made under or otherwise stated.
Escort driver will be waiting at the lobby of the hotel. Normally pick up is 8:30 am or otherwise stated.
Resident / B & B
The escort driver will be waiting outside the main doors of the building.
OrvietoOrvieto, TR, Italia
CivitaCivita di Bagnoregio, VT, Italia
- Luxury, private air-conditioned vehicle.
- English-speaking driver or escort guide.
- Parking, highway tolls, fuel, all taxes and driver maintenance included.
- Gratuities ranging between 10-20 percent(optional but appreciated)
- No admission to any sites
- For lunch you will have a choice of either grabbing a bite to go or a leisurely meal in a local restaurant. Your driver will make recommendations. Lunch can range from E10-E40
- PRICES ARE IN EURO
- EVERY EXTRA HOUR IS 60 EURO
- For groups of more than 8 people from Civitavecchia Port we only provide multiple minivans with the maximum number of 8 people in each minivan. This is because minibuses are prohibited from entering the town center. Therefore, a waste of time will incur walking to the destinations, by minivans you will get to your destination directly without wasting time.