Filled with an abundance of history, this partially buried town offers marvelous scenery that one must personally see to believe. A must see site that will provide you with a rare and knowledgeable experience!
This ancient ruin which was buried under meters of ash and pumice after the catastrophic eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79A.D. Filled with an abundance of history, this partially buried town offers captivating scenery that one must personally see to believe. It is a must-see landmark that will provide you with a thoroughly unique experience. The licensed guide will provide you with ample historical information, showing you the highlights of the ruin. If you wish to hire or explore on your own.
Herculaneum – named after one of the Roman mythological heroes, Hercules – was destroyed by the 79AD eruption of Mt. Vesuvius. The slow walk across all of Ercolano will allow you to observe the moulding of civilization into this remote town. Buried by the same eruption as Pompeii, it’s now a marvellous historic site filled with an abundance of history and breathtaking views. Both these cities offer spectacular ruins, relics and interesting markings left behind by the people who did not survive the eruption.
Sorrento is a small, quaint, and relaxed town in Campania, Southern Italy. Here you will have time to explore the town and walk along the narrow streets that lead to many homes, restaurants, family-owned shops, taverns, villas, hotels and, most importantly, unforgettable scenery. Overlooking the Bay of Naples, the waterfront is captivating and relaxing. This town is an extremely popular tourist attraction that has a lot to offer, from delicious food to wonderful views. Sorrento is full of intriguing architecture, churches, leather factories, limoncello factories and inlaid woodwork shops. From here you will stop to enjoy some of the finest culinary spots Sorrento has to offer. You will have a wide variety of food to choose from such as meat, fish and true Neapolitan pizza cooked in an ethnic brick oven, along with salads, seafood, vegetables, desserts, wine and various drinks.
Herculaneum: This itinerary is from the starting point of Naples Area (port/hotel/train station). You will have around 2 hours to explore Herculaneum. Once done, the driver will take you to Sorrento. The drive will be roughly 45 minutes or so.
Sorrento: You will have about 45-50 minutes to explore this historical center. From here we will stop to enjoy some of the finest culinary spots Sorrento has to offer.
Lunch will be discussed with the escort driver first thing in the morning. The escort driver will make recommendations/ suggestions. Reservations will be made if need so.
Pompeii: You will have 2 hours to explore this ancient ruin.
The escort driver will return to the location pick up between the hours 4-5pm. Or otherwise agreed upon.
Important Note Regarding itinerary
If the starting point is from Sorrento Area the itinerary is as follows: Herculaneum-Pompeii-Sorrento; Amalfi Area is as follows: Herculaneum-Sorrento-Pompeii; Salerno Area is as follows: Herculaneum-Sorrento-Pompeii
- Pick up time: 8 am or as per your confirmation.
- Return time: 4-5pm or as per your confirmation.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE RESERVE ALL RIGHTS TO CHANGE THE ORDER OF ITINERARY. IF NECESSARY AT OUR DISCRETION DUE TO NATURAL CAUSES(ENVIRONMENTAL) OR POLITICAL REASONS(STRIKE/PROTEST)
One of our professional, knowledgeable English speaking driver guides will be waiting at pick up location (where you will be tendered) or location agreed at 8 am, or according to the agreed time. Your driver will be holding a sign with your or your party’s name on it.
- Ports (Pick up is normally 8am or otherwise agreed upon)
Our escort driver will be waiting at the gangway of your cruise ship or outside the cruise ship terminal. The escort driver will be holding up a sign with the group’s name on it. The email that accompanies the voucher you receive at the time of booking will indicate the meeting point for each specific port. We recommend that you meet onboard before exiting the ship. This way you are all together when meeting your escort driver and the tour can commence much more efficiently. Otherwise, the wait time for others will be 20minutes, after which time the tour will proceed.
- Ercolano Scavi
SorrentoSorrento, NA, Italia
PompeiPompei, NA, Italia
Ercolano ScaviErcolano Scavi, Ercolano, NA, Italia
- Luxury air conditioned vehicle and private driver/full day English speaking guide
- Highway tolls
- All taxes and driver maintenance
- Meals, drinks (€20-€45 depending menu order)
- Pompeii (Admission fee €15pp),admission fees to Pompeii (children younger than 18 years old enter free showing a valid ID (passport/citizenship/driver’s license)
- Admission fee Oplontis(€6.50 roughly)
- Admission fee Herculaneum(E15)
- Gratuities range between 10-20 percent|(optional but appreciated)
- No guide
- Can arrange a full day guide for the cost of €250 or for one site for 2hrs for the cost €120 . We recommenda guide. As a guide can provide ample historical information.
- For groups of more than 8 people from Naples, Sorrento, Amalfi, Salerno we can either provide a Mercedes Sprinter minibus or multiple luxury minivans. This will depend on availability. With a minibus, you will be dropped further from the destination and you will have to walk ted location.