Head to Avellino vineyards and winery
Avellino, city, Campania region, southern Italy, on the Sabato River surrounded by the Apennines, east of Naples. Its name is derived from Abellinum, a stronghold of the Hirpini (an ancient Italic people) and later a Roman colony, the site of which lies just to the east of the modern city. Conquered by the Lombards in the 8th century and destroyed by the Holy Roman emperor Otto I the Great, Avellino passed in turn to the princely families of Balzo, Filangieri, and Caracciolo. In the rising of 1820, the first attempt was made to obtain a constitution from the king of Naples. The city became part of the Italian kingdom in 1860. Avellino is largely modern, for it has suffered from numerous earthquakes in its history, the most recent in 1980. The tasting will be supported by the story of historical vintage told by the Owner of the winery: from the vintage climatic trend to the characteristics of the territory, from the expectations of the wine to the choices of the producer. They will talk about how each wine is the result of hard work, passion and dedication.
The Wine Tour offers a remarkable experience in the countryside vineyard in Avellino. On this tour, you will experience the wine making processes while also getting to taste and buy authentic Italian wine. This is a must tour for any wine lover who would want to explore some of Italy’s finest wines, such as Fiano and, Taurasi. The main feature of this place is the clay component, that makes local wines so distinctive. Some of the most exciting and intriguing wines coming out of Italy have one thing in common: the volcanic origins of their soils and, temperature ranges between day and night make these wines outstanding. The volcanic soils impart undeniable mineral sensations that include flint, crushed rock and saline, lending depth and complexity to the resulting wines. Additionally, many of these grape-growing areas have extremely old vines, some more than 100 years old in parts of Campania. Nearly all of the “volcanic” denominations rely on native varietals that have had centuries to adapt to their growing conditions. The vineyard altitude, grape varieties and cellar practices all play crucial roles in the final product, but volcanic soils lend structure, longevity and an extra layer of dimension to the final wines. Here you will have the opportunity to taste these wines as well have a brunch
Brunch on the vineyard
- selection of homemade meats and cheeses in combination with organic jams produced by the company
- eggplant parmigiana
- potato and mozzarella pie
- vegetable omelette
- bruschetta in combination with organic extra virgin olive oil produced by the company
- small dessert combined with cherry Amarenico produced by the company
- dietary can be accommodated upon request
The driver will return you back to the location pick up or otherwise arranged. Return will be between the hours of 3-4pm.
- Pick up time: 8:00 am or as per your confirmation
- Return time: 3-4 pm or as per your confirmation
One of our professional, knowledgeable English speaking driver guides will be waiting at pick up location (where you will be tendered) or location agreed at 8 am, or according to the agreed time. Your driver will be holding a sign with your or your party’s name on it.
- Ports (Pick up is normally 8am or otherwise agreed upon)
Our escort driver will be waiting at the gangway of your cruise ship or outside the cruise ship terminal. The escort driver will be holding up a sign with the group’s name on it. The email that accompanies the voucher you receive at the time of booking will indicate the meeting point for each specific port. We recommend that you meet onboard before exiting the ship. This way you are all together when meeting your escort driver and the tour can commence much more efficiently. Otherwise, the wait time for others will be 20minutes, after which time the tour will proceed.
AvellinoAvellino, AV, Italia
- Minimum 2ppl
- Wine tasting (6 wines) Vintages of Taurasi harvest 2007-2008-2010-2011-2012-2013
- Vineyard tour
- Luxury, private air-conditioned vehicle.
- English-speaking driver or escort guide.
- Parking, highway tolls, fuel, all taxes and driver maintenance included.
- Gratuities range between 10-20 percent(optional but appreciated)
- For groups of more than 8 people from Naples, Sorrento, Amalfi, Salerno we can either provide a Mercedes Sprinter minibus or multiple luxury minivans. This will depend on availability. With a minibus, you will be dropped further from the destination and you will have to walk ted location.